Download Application: Here (.doc) or Here (.pdf)
1. Participants must be 12 years of age or older on the starting day of the contest, March 10, 2018.
2. Previous competitors are eligible providing they did not place in the top 3 in the finals.
3. Completed submissions with all listed supporting material MUST be received before your audition can be scheduled, subject to availability of space. The preliminary rounds run every Saturday from March 10, 2018 to April 28, 2018. Only 30 audition spots will be filled. If accepted to audition your performance must contain at least one original song.
4. Entrants have three methods of submitting: online, mailed or hand delivered.
Online submissions can be sent to: email@example.com
Mailed submissions go to:
The Ranch Resort
252 Ski Hill Road
Bethany, Ontario, L0A 1A0
The Ranch Resort
252 Ski Hill Road
Bethany, Ontario, L0A 1A0 (Please call in advance) 705-277-1942
5. Contestants and winners who reside outside of Canada will be responsible for any
applicable tariffs and taxes
WHAT MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR SUBMISSION:
1. Participant must provide a live performance with live accompaniment only.
2. A written acknowledgement and release in the form of a completed Talent Release Form is required. This form will allow The Next Country Music Star Talent Search rights to:
a. air on radio and/or videotape (by media sponsors of The Next Country Music Star) your performance,
b. use your name and likeness before, during and after the contest
c. refer to and post likeness on our Web site for an indefinite period.
d. The form must be completed and signed by all members in the band in order to compete. A parental consent must also be signed in the event the contestant is under eighteen (18) years of age at the time of signing.
3. Artists must have amateur status.
4. Every entry must include 3 performances submitted on a CD or DVD, or online submissions can submit YouTube video(s) or EPKs (Electronic Press Kits) which include performances. This will consist of a 3-song demo (* demo MUST be somewhat consistent with your performance at the competition) though you may perform other (country genre) songs and compositions on the day of the show, including one original song. No cassette tapes will be accepted.
5. A minimum of 1/2 an hour of material is required to compete at this level. Only live accompaniment will be accepted at the auditions.
6. Each submission will contain a photo of you and your band (if applicable). The photo must be suitable for publishing, as The Next Country Music Star deems necessary. The photo can be hardcopy or an electronic .jpg (minimum 600 pixels x 600 pixels 300 dpi).
7. A short bio describing you and your group (if applicable), describing what you have done to present, what has inspired you and what are your aspirations in regards to a Country Music Career.
8. An entrance fee of $50 per artist or group must accompany your submission. Payment can be made by Visa, Master Card, money order or cheque made payable to The Ranch Resort. Your entrance fee will be returned should you not be selected to participate in the scheduled auditions. If selected you will be notified of your audition date and time, receive 8 complimentary audience tickets for the night of your audition, plus receive a digital recording of your audition.
9. The Talent Release Form must be completed, signed and dated. Please complete all of the requested information for each member of your group. Any members of your band that did not complete the submission form may not be eligible to compete. Please print legibly in ink.